1. How long have you been working with At Your Service? Since March 2014. Almost coming up on a year – hard to believe!
2. Where did you grow up? Hagerstown, MD. I will always be a Maryland-er at heart :)
3. What’s your Alma Mater? Towson University
4. If you had to work in any other industry, which would it be and why? The music industry. I would love to be the manager for a band or artist. When I had more free time, I used to always look up new bands and make CDs for my friends!
5. What attracted you to the hospitality industry? Great service is so important and really makes a difference in the experience people have. I love that you also get to meet so many different kinds of people. There's never a dull moment!
6. What’s your favorite part of working with At Your Service? Working with the office team. I am so lucky to be a part of such an awesome team and I’m always looking forward to getting together with them. I also love the relationships created with the staff. The New York City staff come from such a variety of different backgrounds and they have so much personality. It’s so awesome hearing that they rocked it at an event and it’s rewarding being able to give them the work that they deserve!
7. What do you do outside of work? Since I am new to this big city I like to explore, even though that usually ends up with me getting lost! However, brunch in New York is extremely impressive (I’ve found the thickest bacon I’ve ever seen in my life) and I love the Brooklyn Flea Market.
8. Which is your favorite AYS location to visit? I’m going to be biased and say Baltimore and New York City. I miss the staff in Baltimore but the staff in New York City are great too! And the venues here are gorgeous.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would go to London because I like to practice my English accent. But really, I actually would really love to live there for a period of time in my life! Also, Italy – because pasta :) . My roommate visits once a year and it is beautiful!
10. What’s your favorite way to unwind after a long day of work? Happy hour because it is the happiest of hours.
Jen Baker is an Account Manager for At Your Service Staffing in New York City. After starting with the company part-time in our Baltimore office, Jen joined our NYC team last fall. To work with Jen in NYC, click here.