Here at AYS, we list Baltimore as one of our five homes. Therefore, for those of us not local to Baltimore, our thoughts have been with Baltimore all week. In celebration of this, and the city we hold so dear to our hearts, we give you this list – Ten Reasons Why: We Love Baltimore.
1. Our Team: We may be biased, but we believe that At Your Service Staffing has the best team in the business. Our field staff and their dedication to our clients and to each other is unparalleled in our industry. Our team in Baltimore is no exception. With many staff members having known each other before joining the AYS staff, our Baltimore team is one big family. And, whether you join the team as a manager or a staff member, you are quick to be brought into the fold.
2. The View: Whether it be the stunning view from our office building or the picturesque water landscape that walks with you downtown, Baltimore has so much beauty to offer. Between watching the boats in the harbor and taking in the scene from the Hyatt, there is so much that meets the eye in Maryland’s largest city.
3. The Accommodations: When you go to plan a trip to Baltimore, you will notice there is no shortage of options for hotels. Whether you are looking to splurge or to budget, Baltimore has so many places you can lay your head. With accommodations for both those looking for a tried and true option or a more modern hotel, Baltimore really does have something for everyone. (And may we recommend breakfast at the Hyatt Regency – a delicious and satisfying way to start your day!)
4. Camden Yards: We may have a team full of Sox, Yankees and Mets fans, but even the biggest Bostonian of us all cannot deny that Camden Yards is one of the best ball parks in America. Not only is Oriole Park a great place to watch a baseball game, but the surrounding food and beverage options make Camden a beautiful place to spend a summer night.
5. The Seafood: From Phillips to Bubba Gump’s, Baltimore is not lacking for seafood restaurant options. And from what we have noticed, you really can’t go wrong! That is, unless you leave the city without trying the signature crab. But, who would ever really do that!
6. Inner Harbor: As the home of our first office in Baltimore, Inner Harbor has a special place in our hearts! And though we may be biased, we think that anyone who visits Baltimore would agree! With the Aquarium, Pier Six and countless shops and restaurants packed into the seaport area, Inner Harbor always offers something new to do. And we love it!
7. M&T Bank Stadium: Okay, so our love of M&T Bank Stadium may have something to do with the Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z concert we took in there as a management team during our 2013 Summer Conference, but it is still a stadium to see nonetheless! And with the Ravens picks in the draft over the weekend, we can imagine that their fans will have some great football to watch there soon!
8. The Restaurants: So we’ve talked about the crab and the Hyatt breakfast, but we couldn’t make a Top 10 list about Baltimore without giving a shout out to the number of amazing restaurants in the area. Fell’s Point and Federal Hill are just some of Baltimore’s neighborhoods offering their own unique selection of food and nightlife. No matter what kind of food and drink you are in search of, Baltimore likely has a restaurant that serves it – and that’s just another reason why we love this city.
9. The Small Town Feel: If you have ever had the opportunity to talk to someone from Baltimore, they have likely told you that Baltimore often feels like a small town as opposed to a big city. And, we couldn’t agree more. In the hospitality industry, it seems that everyone is always connected. Well, this is rings even more true for the hospitality industry in Baltimore. Our industry here is a big community with many familiar faces. It’s this connection that allows the city to offer a level of hospitality all its own.
10. Our Clients: Of course, we couldn’t close out a Top Ten list on why we love Baltimore without talking about our clients in the area! As a hospitality company in the staffing industry, relationship building is a key component of everything we do. In Baltimore, our clients feel the same way. The preceding not only allows us to work together more effectively, but it makes it more fun too.
So there you have it – Ten Reasons Why: We Love Baltimore. Now, give us yours! Let us know why you love Baltimore at email@example.com and we could feature it in an upcoming blog post!
Ten Reasons Why: We Love Baltimore is the inaugural post for our new Ten Reasons Why blog series. If you have any suggestions for future Ten Reasons Why features, let us know in the comments section!