The decision to use a hospitality staffing company to fulfill front of house service needs is not one to be taken lightly. When doing so, you need to feel confident that the staffing agency you partner with will provide you with the same caliber of staff that you typically hire yourself. But, how do you do this? Well, you need to be sure you’re asking the following questions:
- How do they hire their own staff? If the agency doesn't take their time to vet their employees then you can't be confident they are sending you a quality team. At AYS, we recruit from popular job search websites, college campuses, and the surrounding community. Our managers and trained office staff personally determine whether applicants are worth investing in by interviewing each and every potential new hire in person.
- Do they provide training for their staff? If your partner just sends untrained staff out to your events, then your client will surely be able to tell that you brought it outside help. That's why here at AYS, we conduct a four hour course before placing new staff on work. This course is led by seasoned team leaders and captains who weed out staff based on their characteristics such as catering ability, knowledge, attitude, and presentation.
- Do they provide uniforms? Hospitality staff need to know where to get a uniform if they need one or else they'll show up to your event unprepared! AYS will loan out standard uniform pieces and require all staff to get their uniforms approved and go to our clients prepared and dressed appropriately according to their standards.
- Can you reach them after hours and on weekends? Hospitality is not a 9 to 5 industry so your staffing partner can't be either. Here at AYS we recognize that in the hospitality industry changes can happen at the eleventh hour - that is why we always have a manager on call during weeknights, weekends, and holidays. We want to make sure that there will be a point of contact between our staff and our clients at all times.
- How do they choose staff for events? If you provide feedback on temporary staff then that feedback should be taken seriously - if it's not then what's the point? AYS uses our in-house software to track staff and take note of their performance, strengths, and weaknesses. We use this to carefully book service staff we think would be the best fit for our clients’ needs.
At Your Service Staffing can provide bartenders, waiters, captains, coat check staff and unparalleled service for exclusive catered events. CONTACT US TODAY TO LEARN MORE!