1) We give good, deserving people work. Over the years, we have had the opportunity to give a number of truly hard working, deserving people the opportunity to work with our clients. If you ask any account manager on our team, getting work to great people is near the top of everyone’s list of what they enjoy about our job. It is the thing that keeps us coming back each day and definitely a reason we love what we do.
2) We help make big days happen. As a company, we have participated in presidential inaugurations, the Superbowl, the MLB All Star game and the Belmont Stakes – just to name a few. And although these days are exciting, we find it just as thrilling to provide record breaking amounts of staff to our partners on days that are particularly busy for them so that they can achieve their biggest “wins” of the season. Their “win” is our win and is something we celebrate alongside them at the end of the craziest of days.
3) We get to help clients in emergency situations. A team member notifying you just hours before their call time that they are unable to work their scheduled shift can derail a day. However, a quick call to At Your Service Staffing can easily put the train back on the track. More often than not, we have staff available to take on these last minute emergencies. They love to help our clients out of a jam as much as we do which allows us to often fill in these holes for our partners and keep their days running smoothly.
4) We are able to see how our team members advance each season. Whether we are working on Long Island or in DC, each of us have a story of a staff member that has started with us in one phase of their lives and has continued to work with us while they enter another. We have watched our students graduate, team members get married, staff have children – and everything in between! Getting to know our teams on this level, and be a part of their lives as they grow, makes what we do so rewarding.
5) We get to work at the most beautiful venues on the East Coast. Whether it be on Long Island, in Manhattan, around Boston, across Maryland or in the heart of DC, our team is proud to have provided service at some of the most breathtaking venues on the East Coast. Whether it be at MoMA in New York, The Kennedy Center in DC or at events across the picturesque Hamptons landscapes in the summer, our team gets to serve in the most beautiful of circumstances. They love it and we do too.
6) We can explore how hospitality style varies across the East Coast. All of our home cities have one thing in common – teams who are trained to provide impeccable, front of house service. It is fun for us, however, to see how the style of hospitality truly varies from office to office. In Boston, for example, a number of our partners have exchanged the tuxedo for a sleek, all black uniform that our staff are loving! Our DC team, meanwhile, continue to head out to work in the traditional, classic uniform – bow tie and all! The continued variation in such trends across our offices are fun to track and add an interesting aspect to our daily lives (yes, we know we are hospitality nerds).
7) We are able to grow with our clients. There are few things more rewarding than being a part of our client’s growth. Helping our partners continue to expand by working with them to provide their own clients with first class service is the name of the game for us. Providing trusted staff each week that allows our partners to grow themselves is such a rewarding part of our jobs.
8) We are able to improve each season. When staff come to us with limited experience and a great attitude, we train them to be able to work in the field. Therefore, it is amazing to see this all pay off for them as they take on more difficult levels of service and more advanced positions with AYS. We all have a story of the first time a client added such a staff member to their preferred list – and let us tell you, there are few things more satisfying than that first “touchdown!”
9) We get to work with one another. Being spread out across the East Coast does not stop us from being as close as a company can be. Each day, we are here to have a laugh when things get crazy, help each other out to get everything done and celebrate each other’s successes as if they were our own. The preceding makes us love what we do – and look forward to every summer and holiday season when we all get together as a “family” to celebrate another busy time well done!
10) We get to make people happy. Let’s face it – we are a big team of people pleasers! Whether it is coming through for a client at the last minute, booking an incredible group to work a big event or being on site to offer impeccable service as a team, putting a smile on someone’s face is why most of us are in hospitality to begin with. Being able to make someone’s day better (or even just easier) is definitely a huge reason why we love what we do.
Ten Reasons Why: We Love What We Do is part of our new Ten Reasons Why blog series. If you have any suggestions for future Ten Reasons Why features, let us know in the comments section! To love what you do, join our team here.