Since 2007, At Your Service Staffing has proudly called Boston one of its homes. In this special edition of our Ten Reasons Why series, we take a look at the city they call Beantown and all of the reasons why we love it:
1. Our Sports Teams- We LOVE our sports teams! The Red Sox, the Patriots, the Celtics, the Bruins. How can you not love our sports when we’re home to Fenway Park, The TD Garden, Big Papi, Larry Bird and Tom Brady?
2. Our Team- Our Boston Team is not only passionate about hospitality, but they are passionate about the arts as well! Our team is made up of artists, musicians, writers, students, full time professionals and actors!
3. The History – Boston is the beating heart of America - where our history all began. The American Revolution ignited in Boston with the Boston Tea Party. Our brave Revolutionaries fought the British out of Boston at the Battle of Bunker Hill. The Old State House is still here, tucked away between skyscrapers and The Boston Tea Party Ship can still be found in the Boston Harbor! There is so much history here, that it is hard to walk around the city and not run into a piece of what America was built on.
4. The Food - Boston is home to the oldest restaurant in the country: The Oyster House, right outside of Faneuil Hall, where you can find variety all in one place. Our North End features the best Italian food and South Boston is our historic Irish neighborhood. If you are looking for Dim Sum, Korean, sushi, hot pot, Chinese, Tai, Vietnamese, Asian fusion Chinatown is the place to be. Regardless of what you are looking to eat, you are sure to never leave this town on an empty stomach.
5. Our Clients - While we may be biased, our Boston clients are some of the best around! Over the last few years, we have had the opportunity to build great relationships with some of the most prominent schools, caterers and companies in and around the Greater Boston area. We are proud to work alongside some of the best in the business.
6. Our Museums- Even on the cold, snowy and rainy days here in Boston, there is always something to do. Boston is home to the Museum of Science, the famous Museum of Fine Arts, Boston’s Children Museum the Harvard Museum of Natural History, the Museum of African American History, and The Institute of Contemporary Art Museum among others.
7. Our Accommodations - Planning a trip to Boston will never be a nightmare. There are plenty of hotels that fit all of your needs; whether you are looking to splurge or to budget, you will find exactly what you are looking for! Known for having some of the oldest and historic hotels in the Northeast, Boston will not only provide you with great hospitality but a lesson in history as well.
8. The Marathon-The Boston Marathon is the world’s oldest annual marathon and one of the country's most prestigious running events. The historic course starts on Main Street in the town of Hopkinton, continues through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, and then into Boston where the marathon runners cross the finish line on Boylston Ave in Copley Square. It is such a big deal in the city, that we have a holiday set aside to celebrate it!
9. The Freedom Trail- A 2.5-mile, red-lined route that leads you to 16 historically significant sites - there's something you can't find anywhere else! Head down the Freedom Trail and you can explore museums and meetinghouses, churches, and burying grounds. Discover the rich history of the American Revolution, as it began in Boston, where every step tells a story.
10. Boston Common- A central public park in downtown Boston dating back to 1634, the Boston Common is the oldest city park in the United States. The Boston Common consists of 50 acres of land bounded by Tremont Street, Park Street, Beacon Street, Charles Street, and Boylston Street. A great place to go and play a small game of football or have a picnic, Boston Common at the heart of the city.
Ten Reasons Why: We Love Boston is part of our Ten Reasons Why blog series. If you have any suggestions for future Ten Reasons Why features, let us know in the comments section! To love Boston alongside our team, click HERE.